|Simplified Basic Strategy Rules|
|Here are some simplified Basic Strategy Rules to get you started. Once you start to understand the game you will want to improve upon these rules. |
1. Follow dealer rules. Stand on 17 or greater, Draw on 16 or less and soft 17's.
2. Always split Aces and Eights.
3. Always stand on hard 12 through 16 when dealer has 2 through 6.
4. When your hand total is higher than the dealer's, always double on 10 or 11.
5. Double on all 18 and less soft hands when the dealer has a 4, 5 or 6 hand.
6. More splits: split all pairs (except 4s, 5s, and 10s) against dealer 2 to 7.
7. Never take insurance or even money.